How to Customize Your Chromebook
You can customize your Chromebook in many ways, including changing the wallpaper, browser theme or personalizing the shelf. Each of these customization options has been explained separately.
How to Change Wallpaper
Follow these instructions to change your Chromebook’s wallpaper.
- First, users will need to click the status tray in the lower right corner of their screen.
- Users must now click on the Settings icon in gear shape.
- The Settings menu will now open and the user must select the Personalization option.
- Users will be able to select a Wallpaper option from the menu. The option can also be called Background on some devices.
- Choose a wallpaper from the available options. Clicking on the wallpaper will apply it automatically. You can also choose custom wallpapers by using the Browse option.
How to Change Your Browser’s Theme
To get a change from the default browser theme, users can also personalize their browser theme. These steps will help users to do this.
- You can search your browser for “chrome web store themes”. The Chrome Web Store’s Themes section will be the first result.
- Users can now choose from the many themes in the store.
- After users have chosen a theme they can click on Add to Chrome to install it from the bottom.
How to Customize Chromebook Shelf
Chromebook Shelves can be customized in many different ways by users. Users can also add, move or pin apps according to their choice. Below are the details for each customization option.
How to Add an App?
Add an app to your Chromebook Shelf
- First, users must find the app that they wish to add.
- Users must then right-click the app icon. Users will be presented with a variety of options.
- Add Pin to Shelf
- The Chromebook Shelf will keep the App until users delete or move it.
How to Change the Position of an App?
Users can order the apps to be rearranged if they are unhappy with their current position. You can change the App position:
- The app must be selected and held for at least 30 seconds.
- The app should now be dragged into the new position and then released.
- You should change the position of the app to reflect the position that users have placed it.
How to Remove an App?
It’s easy to remove an app on the Chromebook Shelf. To delete an app:
- Right-click the app you want to delete.
- They should now be able to Unpin the app. This option will remove the app from the Shelf.